NPS Image Editor is a free, unique image editing program that is perfect for pixel art, drawing, and photo editing. It is lightweight, customizable, and intuitive, yet surprisingly powerful. This version is designed for older systems running Windows 98, XP, Vista, and 7 and requires .NET Framework 2.0; read more on the website.
Initial release of NPS Image Editor for Legacy Systems, based on NPS Image Editor 3.3.1Release date: February 19, 2023
Select a file to download
Release notes for this version
- Recompile to .NET Framework 2.0 compatible with Windows 98 and higher
- Added support for 7-Zip in place of DotNetZip on systems that don't support it. If you're running Windows 98 or Me, you will need to manually configure this using Component Manager or you won't be able to save NPSD files.
- Updated splash screen and About logo
- Re-enabled legacy Nookkin's Paint Shop / NPS 2.x extension support (requires VB6 runtime)
- Disable online help by default, it's experimental and won't render correctly in old versions of IE. CHM file is still included.
- New update/feedback channel
- Installer compiled with Inno 5.x for Windows 9x/XP compatibility
- Updated installer to set file associations in a 9x/XP compatible manner, associates only NPSD/BRU/Raw Bitmap files by default
- Removed icons from EXE file to avoid corrupt file issue on Windows 9x
- Added pre-rendered color schemes from Windows 9x, 2000, XP, and Vista (based on how the Basic/Elegant themes look on each of those systems) so you can choose the colors you want regardless of OS